Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering (EEE)
University of Asia Pacific (UAP), established in 1996, has clearly defined mission and vision. This mission undertakes to provide quality education and produce qualified graduates to fulfill the present and future needs of the country. In this respect UAP has already made its mark in its eight full-fledge faculties of education. UAP is continuously striving to make education available to more and more student. With this aim, the Department of Electrical & Electronics Engineering (EEE) has started its journey back in year 2004 at the UAP. University Grants Commission (UGC) has accorded permission to UAP to open the Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering (EEE) after reviewing the faculty strength, accommodation and library facilities.
UAP is committed to its mission and vision to produce quality world-class graduates from its new and old departments. The discipline of Electrical & Electronics Engineering is an old and established one.
To meet the demands of this expanding and exciting branch of engineering, UAP has introduced Curricula, which have been approved by the University Grants Commission (UGC). The prescribed curriculum takes the students through basics of Electrical Engineering in the first year, Electronics and Computers in the second year, Digital Signal Processing, Communication and Power system analysis in the third year, VLSI, Mobile Cellular Communication and Power Plant Engineering in the fourth year. The Curricula also include study of English, Mathematics, Accounting, Managements and computer skills to make the graduates fully develop for the real world needs. The graduates of the Department of Electrical & Electronics Engineering from the UAP can expect fulfilling and rewarding carrier in the coming years.
The EEE department started its journey in Fall 2004 semester with an enrollment of a few students only. The number of students of the department is gradually increasing in every semester and at present the department has more than 700 students. At present the department consists of a large number of well qualified and experienced faculty members. The journey to become an eminent place of learning is inspiring and exciting. The whole faculties share these excitements and are working to make the department truly a center of excellence.
• The vision of Electrical and Electronic Engineering Department at University of Asia Pacific is to reach at an educational excellence in full compliance to the international standards of quality assurance.
• The Department will produce quality graduates capable of taking the challenges of the rapidly changing field of Electrical and Electronic Engineering as well as capable of making significant contribution to individual and societal empowerment.
The mission of the Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering at University of Asia Pacific is:
• To provide quality education at an affordable cost in the areas of Electrical and Electronic Engineering.
• To enhance the competitiveness of our graduates in the job market and contribute to the economic, scientific and social development of the country.
• To maintain a positive academic environment that promotes excellence in learning and research through constructive interaction between students, faculty, industry and community.
• To utilize the available resources to instill latest technical knowledge and research capabilities that encourage critical thinking, problem solving skills and ethical responsibility as well as develop students’ verbal and written communication skills
The long-term goal of the EEE department is to become a major center of higher education and research in Electrical and Electronic Engineering both nationally and internationally.